Tonight's devotions at the dinner table centered around Proverbs 11:17
"A kind person is doing himself a favor. But a cruel person brings trouble upon himself" (ICB)
Of course, God knew we needed this devotion at this time as we are working on speaking more kindly to one another. So, we go through the whole devotion about speaking with kindness, then what to do if we wish we hadn't said something and how we should apologize. Then, I said, "It's never to late to ____". The appropriate response was "say you're sorry" or "apologize". Not the response that Madelyn gave, which was "Lie!". Of course, now we all know what tomorrow's devotions should be about! Or, maybe Elaine will talk about this with the Patch kids. . .hint, hint!
1 comment:
To lie! LOL I wish I would have checked your blog before church last night!
Madelyn is growing up so much! She was such a treat last night in Patch - using her little tiny voice and hands to retell our lesson when I asked.
I am so glad you are blogging to forever capture these times. I wish I had kept a journal or something.
Post a Comment