Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Spanking?

Our youngest already worries me a little, especially how her traits are going to influence her at 16. What is cute now. . .not so cute later! She has a tendency to only follow rules if she thinks you are standing right over her. So, tonight, she was in trouble for playing in the sand pit at church because our rule is that they not be in it. . .for many reasons, but mainly because I believe it to be a community litter box for the neighborhood. She knew the rule, but since we weren't outside with her, she decided to try it out. After fulfilling her punishment for that, she played some more, then was asked to come inside because there was lightning. She stated that she had to get her shoes first; however, she never came in. Thus, another punishment. So, we were discussing options: spanking, grounded from swimming tomorrow and cancelled campout in the living room, or not having a friend over on Friday. We told her we would decide when we got home. On the way home, she picked a spanking but said we could pick "when" (how generous!). In the end, we decided to take away a toy she just bought last night. However, before we told her, I was talking with her about how when we disobey rules knowing what we are doing that it was deceptive. She said, "Satan just got in my brain!" I explained how Satan can't come in with Jesus in her heart, and she said, "Not my heart, my brain!" I asked her why she didn't tell him, NO. She smiled, shrugged her shoulders and said, "Well, I didn't actually hear him but that's what i think he would say." Then, I asked her if she was ready for her punishment. She said,
"Maybe I could get my spanking tomorrow."
Believe it or not. . .I didn't laugh.

No comments: