Saturday, November 9, 2013

An oasis in the wilderness

It is a wilderness journey of sorts
This adoption thing
High, Lows
Days of manna, then golden calves

My current testimony starts where the abrupt ending
to my previous post
on that "other" blog
Left off.
About the lessons God is teaching me along the way.
I ended saying that I wasn't ready to share one of those lessons.
And, this isn't the post for that either.
But, trust me when I say. . .
That lesson was the start of this testimony.
(To be shared soon.)

We ended last week (Nov 1) on a "small" high note.
The "clerk" had agreed to release J's book so it could
Travel to PAP.
Once there, it would go to archives. That is where the birth certificate would be found, then sent to legalizations, which I guess is where they "legalize" it.
I don't know people.
All of this is like reading Creole to me.

This is our "last" step in order to exit MOI (Minister of Interior)
Where we have been since MAY 29th (Yes, I'm yelling that!)
Typically, an 8-12 week process.
(Now, do you feel the pain. . .ummm we are WAY past and are at week 25/26)

And, as you know from earlier posts: No book. No birth certificate.

Wednesday (11/6/13): Update is that they are pretty sure the book made it to PAP. Our agency was waiting on confirmation.

Wednesday Evening: My mom calls. To tell me a dream.
Yes, you heard that right. My mom had a dream, then interpreted it. Is that scriptural mom? Just teasing.
(She has been known to have whacko dreams in the past, like your beloved author of this post, but don't let that sway your opinion.)
Ok. In ALL seriousness. . .because God is sooooo good.
She has a dream Tuesday evening that my dad is standing at the window of my parents' home holding J and waiting on us to come pick him up (that would be a much easier trip if he were just in Odon!!)
She wakes up. Goes to work.
As she comes around the curve to her office, she sees a huge rainbow. At the same time, a "hallelujah, praise song" was on the radio
(she doesn't remember the name of the song. did not remember hearing it before. just knew it had a LOT of hallelujahs in it)
She felt as if the Lord was saying, "I've got this. I'm in control. Everything will be OK. I PROMISE."

Thursday evening: No email to confirm that.

Friday Evening (2 days after mom's promise): Our agency calls.
Book is in PAP in archives: Check.
And, ARE YOU READY?
Our orphanage pled our case before the "powers that be" (I don't know who that is. You already know that my knowledge of this process is barely above the person walking down the street).
The "powers" agreed to release our file from MOI without the birth certificate.
Really God? THAT IS AWESOME!
This was what we hoped to happen with the courts when we were denied before.
So, you ask why that is so great?
Well, once you get out of MOI, things move FAST!
Travel is typically in 6-8 weeks.
What that means for us?
Well, while we are waiting on our birth certificate (we still need it before he can come  home), we can finish the other steps "alongside" waiting for the birth certificate.
This is HUGE!!
We still have to have his documents by our visa appointment (final step).
And, once you know you have a visa appointment, you can schedule your travel typically a week or two after. (If our birth certificate isn't ready, we will need to wait for that before scheduling our travel. As I just told you, this is an usual circumstance)
So, we are talking weeks until the end.
God has parted the waters once again.

Never fear, we are realistic.
This is still international adoption.
We still need a document that has no errors.
This is no time to stop praying.

But, our God is big. He is bigger than it all.
We have stated since October 11th that if J is home by Christmas it would only be due to the mighty hand of God. (the whole process is due to Him, but you get my drift!)
Believe it. . .He still does miracles.

He still provides oasis in the wilderness journey to show His loving-kindness.
This is still a journey, and we still have some land to traverse.
But He has shown Himself this week.
Many of the details that I was concerned about (mind you, not important ones but those important to me in making this journey a remembrance for J) were resolved THIS WEEK.

Then, as I have been preparing for our Sunday School lesson, I was "reviewing" a study that I did this summer.

On page 51, the question was "In what specific areas do you need refreshment right now?".
First on my list?
OUT OF MOI.
I read this the night after our great news that we are indeed out of MOI.

His oasis to me in the wilderness journey. A demonstration of God's overwhelming care & very SPECIFIC concern for our needs.

Keep Praying. Others are having trouble with their birth certificates as well and need this same "grace" extended.
Lots of kiddos have went home the past few months.
It's hard on our kids when they do.
We all just want them to be home.
Grateful that  you are fighting the fight with us.
And, yes, it's a fight. A spiritual one.
Are you ready to do battle?
We hope so because we are depending on you being alongside us.

No comments: