A timeline.
Something I need to put down on this blog.
But, I always seem to forget.
Each day of the journey to J.
It went something like this:
The summer I got married
I saw a family on the beach of 3 girls
Of different hair and skin color.
Playing.
I took a picture because I loved the message.
My senior year of college
God placed a seed in my heart for adoption.
From 2000-2011: years of internet searching
Wandering.
Looking for vision.
(I had always said that I would not adopt from a country that required 2 trips. And, I didn't think I could go to Ha*ti. Never say never folks. I rec'd 2 for the price of 1 on this journey)
December 2011 a flyer lands in the box
of my close friend, Nicci.
We go over for Christmas, and she gives it to me with
"Hey, COTP has children who need adopted."
(We had looked at them before but they were in transition. Agencies tried to direct us to Ethiopia instead).
We took the brochure. Then, emailed Robin at COTP to express interest.
After the holidays in January 2012, we applied to COTP.
Once accepted, we searched for our agency by reviewing the 3 choices.
Around March 2012, we chose A Love Beyond Borders.
The journey began.
We started the dossier process and sent our records to Ha*ti in June 2012.
(Post here with a picture of all the documents that entailed!)
Just in time to be grandfathered in under the old law.
August 2012 (one month earlier than we thought)-we entered IBESR
(Ha*ti version of our DCS system--or similar)
8 LONG MONTHS in IBESR. We needed dispensation.
Court process occurs. J. gets our last name.
End of May 2013: Enter MOI
(Estimated time: 8 weeks. Actual time: 5 1/2 months)
Many have prayed for a miracle.
I had been on a study of the Exodus and had been praying for a Red Sea experience.
Miraculously, we were allowed to exit MOI without a birth certificate. Hmm?
Passport-done, Medical Visa-done
This week we waited to hear we had been submitted to the US Embassy (usually 2 weeks after medical which would be this week).
Instead, wait for it, we got an email YESTERDAY that said J. had been approved as our immediate relative and had gained immigrant status. What???? We were just waiting to be "submitted" let alone get "APPROVAL".
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I see the sea parting!!!!
People, this is a miracle.
Want to hear something else.
Today, we get another email from immigration (which typically takes a few days) that gave us a VISA appointment BEFORE Christmas!!!!
SERIOUSLY???
Now, will he be home before Christmas? Well, we still have to have a birth certificate by the appointment day. So, prayers appreciated.
The journey continues. So stay tuned.
And, while you are fighting spiritual battles for the Orphan, would you pray for the Newitt, Rieb, Seekell, Fitzpatrick, and Thorson family? We each have a "unique" hurdle that still must be climbed. Some of these babies have medical needs and being home would be best. Also, J's friend Wilson Manno who is home is having some medical issues. Pray for healing.
Love to all, and thank you for spending so much time on your knees lifting J and his buddies to the throne of the Most High.
No comments:
Post a Comment