Sunday, June 28, 2009

Breckenridge, Colorado


On June 21, I ventured out without the comforts of my family to Colorado for work with 2 friends/ colleagues and a good friend of mine. Although I am 30+ years old, it's amazing that I still get homesick when I travel without my husband. I still haven't quite figured that out. But surprisingly, I survived and had an amazing time. While we were there, God spoke clearly through his creation about who He is and who He will always be despite how the world changes. While the conference I was at spoke of how quickly the world is changing because of technology, I was reminded on Peak 8 that we are still just a small piece of the puzzle. Standing on a snow mound, I looked around inspired by who God is and how much bigger He is than me. The peaks and valleys around demonstrated the enormity of who He is, and humans were only a speck. No matter how much we learn, how far-reaching our technology, we will never compare to the omniscience of God. Thanks to Him for reminding me of who He is in the midst of a great educational experience!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Just catching up by reading your blog posts and this one caught my attention. I too get homesick without Jim there! I'm usually okay with the kids but when I spent a month in Florida, Laura claims she had to almost tie me down to keep me there because I was so homesick. She doesn't have any problem with that.

Nicci Sargent said...

Amen, Sistah! :)Nicci