This is a picture of me, my grandma, and my sister!
My grandma and I are very close! I spent a LOT of time with her as a child, and those times are probably some of my strongest childhood memories!
She never tired of scratching my back. . .
She read the "funnies" (comics) to me from the Sunday paper. . .
She came to all my events. . .
She took me to see the "Muppets". . .
(I can't remember, but I think it may have been my first theatre experience)
She along with my Grandad took me to the horse races and school shopping each year before school began. . .
She bought our Easter dresses. . .
She let me eat what I wanted when I spent the night ("cooked" doughnuts, steak-umms, and chipsters; however, I avoided her "Tab" drink--YUCK!). . .
She always had her refridgerator stocked with Hershey bars and bottled Coke. . .
She and my Grandad took me to see IU basketball when it was at its finest with, who else, Steve Alford and Marty Simmons. . .
She let me spend the night (OFTEN). . .
And, when I spent the night, I slept with her and she let me keep my hand or foot touching her for the entire night!
I love her more than she will ever know!
She is a big reason for who I am today!
I only wish I would have become more of who she is!
No comments:
Post a Comment