Sunday, July 19, 2009

Big Topic for a Little Girl

In an attempt to remember the cute things my girls say. . .this was last night's topic:

So, my youngest daughter was lying down with me preparing to go to bed, and she said, "Mommy, is God and Jesus the same person or 2 people?" Well, I have been a church camp all week, and I was very tired. So, I was not really ready to address this complicated topic of the Holy Trinity. So, I just said that it's kind of both (same but different), but that there are 3 not 2 (I wasn't sure how to address this with a child who just turned 5). Then, I added the Holy Spirit. She said, "Oh yeah, I forgot about that one". Then, she demanded to know what the Holy Spirit looked like to which I replied, "I'm not sure. He lives inside of us." However, this did not satisify her. Eventually, she said that she would ask Lee tomorrow (a friend from church camp who came to visit today), then added that he would probably say that the Holy Spirit looks like Tinker Bell. I think maybe we have watched a bit too much Disney!! :)

No comments: